- Annexation Application - This application is used for voluntary annexations.
- Development Review Application - This is an application for Planning Department review for all development projects including: Planned Projects; Subdivisions; or a plan review other than Planned Projects or Subdivision.
- Home Based Occupation Application - Request to operate a limited number of business types from a residential dwelling. The Public Hearing is held by the Planning Board. The City Council approves or denies this application.
- Rights-of-Way Abandonment Application - This application is for the vacating of streets or alleyways within the city limits. The Public Hearing for this application is held by the City Council.
- Small Scale Amendment Application - Request for land use and zoning amendment (s) for property less than 10 acres in size. The Public Hearing for this application is held by the City Council.
- Special Approval Application - Request for special approval. The Public Hearing for this application is held by the Planning Board with City Council determining the final disposition of the application.
- Special Event Permit Application - The use of public property by 10 or more persons or 3 or more vehicles for the purposes of conducting certain outdoor, short-term events on City property. Note: Certain activities require City Council approval, such as the use of loud speakers or other amplification devices, so please make contact with the Planning Department to ensure your activity will be allowed and processed according to City requirements.
- Temporary Use Application - Request for approval of temporary use must be made 30 days in advance of event. The temporary use is allowed for up to 2 weeks 4 times per calendar year unless otherwise approved by the DeFuniak Springs city council. Each two week period shall be separated by at least 1 month within the same calendar year.
- Variance Application - Request for a variation from the Land Development Regulations, but not including uses. The Public Hearing for this application is held by the City Council.
- Zoning Amendment Application - Request for zoning amendment for property less than 10 acres in size. The Public Hearing for this application is held by the City Council.