- City Clerk
- Public Records Request
Public Records Request
Florida's public records laws are very broad; however, most documents and records are available to the public. Florida practices government in the sunshine with the policy that state, county, and municipal records are open for personal inspection and copying by any person. DeFuniak Springs adheres to transparency in government and provides access to public records online, including Agendas, Minutes, Ordinances, Resolutions, and Audio recordings of public meetings.
Please click here to view the on-line records.
Duplication charges may apply in accordance with Florida Statute 119. Link to the full Florida statute .
You may make your request for a public record in person, verbally by email or in writing. If a cost is associated with your request, an estimate will be provided to you once research, preparation, and copying/scanning has been completed. The cost estimate may be different than the actual cost that is charged.
How to request Public Records
- Location: DeFuniak Springs City Hall, 1350 Baldwin Ave, DeFuniak Springs FL 32435
- Phone: 850-892-8500 Ext 1103
- Email: email@example.com @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Location: DeFuniak Springs Police Department, 99 S 18th Street, DeFuniak Springs FL 32435
- Phone: 850-892-8513
- firstname.lastname@example.org @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Information to include with your public records request
- A clear concise description of the records that you are seeking.
- Please avoid acronyms.
- Email searches should include: Date range for the requested email messages, Identify email accounts that should be searched, and any Keywords to use to conduct a search @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
In order for the city to provide you the best response to your request, please carefully consider the information that will be useful to you. Very broad requests can take longer to fulfill and may become costly. The requested information will be provided in a reasonable period of time under normal conditions, unless such information is considered to be confidential or exempt from public records disclosure.
Please be aware that the City adheres to State record retention and disposal laws.
The City Clerk will fulfill requests in a timely manner.