Sign up for free camp sites
Available for tents (only) in historic Chipley Park during LakeFest Festival 2021 in DeFuniak Springs, FL, beginning Friday, May 14 through Sunday (noon), 2021. Electricity and restrooms available during both nights. Available for those who bring one or more of the following to participate in LakeFest activities:
- Kayak - Enjoy beautiful Lake DeFuniak during the festival and/or participate in a race (entry fee for race applies.). Nighttime kayak activity being planned on Friday evening.
- Paddle Board - Enjoy beautiful Lake DeFuniak during the festival and/or participate in a race (entry fee for race applies)
- Canoe - Enjoy beautiful Lake DeFuniak and/or participate in a race (entry fee for race applies)
- Bicycle - Free bicycle tour of the historic district on Saturday afternoon.
- Binoculars - Free birding class being planned. Chipley Park is a designated site on the Florida Birding Trail.
If you are NOT brining any gear, you can still qualify for a camp site if you are:
- volunteering at the event,
- signing up for any activity requiring registration (nighttime disc golf, kayak training, bird watching or butterfly gardening class - all free)
- Registering as a vendor/renting booth space,
- Sponsoring the event,
- Invited by the City to host an educational booth to enhance the event.
Why stay overnight?
- Relax in a beautiful park and enjoy other campers who like to kayak, canoe and enjoy the great outdoors,
- Bonfire Friday and Saturday evening at the camp,
- You can monitor your booth or vendor space throughout the evening,
- Friday evening entertainment at the Amphitheatre on the festival grounds is being planned by the City.
- Your space is free, and you can bring up to 4 guests!
- Other FREE events are being planned for late Saturday afternoon, including a bike tour of the historic grounds, and a tour through old Lakeside Hospital Building (which some say is haunted), and plans for a nighttime disc golf activity Saturday night is underway.
Rules & other information:
- Leave no trace when you vacate your camp site.
- Men/Women Restrooms are available on the grounds at the amphitheater, but there are no shower facilities.
- The City will host one bonfire for campers Friday and Saturday evenings, but no individual campfires allowed at camp sites.
- No alcohol is allowed at Chipley Park.
- Camp site registrants may have up to four guests per site (the registrant plus four guests for a total of five people per site).
- Dogs and cats are allowed on the festival grounds but must always be on a leash. and well behaved.
- Check-in location will be provided following registration.
- Questions? (850) 951-3057 and ask for Christopher Mitchell.
- We look forward to seeing you!