Magnolia Cemetery was established in 1884 and is the resting place of the 20th Florida Governor Sidney J. Catts and other notable American figures as former U.S. Consul to Edinburgh Scotland Wallace Bruce (appointed by President Benjamin Harrison) and "The Human Flag" Perry Biddle made famous by Robert Ripley of Ripley’s Believe It Or Not!
- Owned and maintained by the City of DeFuniak Springs, Florida.
- Cemetery Plot Pricing:
- Blocks A-I (5’ x 10’): $1,750. Coping and chipping allowed.
- Blocks K-S (4’ x 10’): $1,750
- Columbarium (niches for funeral urns to be stored): $515/niche
- Headstones limited to 3’ tall x 3’ wide
- Niche plaques for columbarium 8" x 4’'
- Call the cemetery coordinator at (850) 520-8169 to secure a plot or niche.
How to secure a plot:
- Call Cemetery Coordinator Chris Mitchell at (850) 520-8169 to inquire about purchasing a plot or to inquire about a previously secured family plot.
- If you wish to review available plots and locations within the cemetery first, please contact the cemetery maintenance foreman to make arrangements at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resolution 2021-21 Fee Schedule (effective 01/01/22)
There is a $350.00 charge for Magnolia Cemetery work permits. Permits can be obtained at the DeFuniak Springs City Hall Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. All scheduled work must have an approved permit, and must be submitted and approved by city staff at least 24 hours prior to starting any work. For temporary markers, the City charges the funeral home a $100 deposit, if no existing marker is present at the time of interment. A permanent marker must be installed within 90 days after interment. Per Ordinance 871 and Resolution 2017-12.
The DeFuniak Springs cemetery staff is currently in the process of updating the website with a new Cemetery List and map overview of Magnolia Cemetery.
$1,750.00 per plot
Columbarium Section (J)
$515.00 per niche