Parks & Recreation
The City of DeFuniak Springs Parks and Recreation Department offers a wide variety of facilities and activities for your enjoyment.
These facilities include several community parks, historical sites, a recreation complex, tennis courts, and facilities that may be rented for personal events.
Residents and visitors, please feel free to share your experience and feedback with us. Thank you for visiting and enjoying our community!
City of DeFuniak Springs Parks and Facilities include:
- Chautauqua Building
- Chipley Park (AKA Lake DeFuniak)
- Community Center
- Community Center Tennis Courts
- Florence Park
- Harberson Field
- Henry Park
- Lake Stanley Park
- Magnolia Cemetery
- Museum Depot
- Pat Covell Park #1
- Pat Covell Park #2
- Recreation Complex
- Tennis Courts at Clay Street & Plateau Avenue
- The Opinion PLace
- Walton-DeFuniak Library
- Wayside Park
- It shall be unlawful for any persons to use any profanity while in any park, playground or recreational area.
- There shall be no consumption of intoxicating beverages or product while on any public park, playground, or recreational facility.
- Skateboarders are permitted only on the approved skateboard recreation facility.
- All posted rules of public parks, playground, or recreational facilities shall be strictly observed.
- It shall be unlawful to deface, misuse, destroy, or remove any equipment in any public park, playground, or recreational facility.
- Any removal of public park, playground, or recreational equipment shall also be punishable as may currently apply in Florida Statutes.
- Proper safety equipment shall be used at times while utilizing any public park, playground, or recreational facility.
- Parking shall only be allowed in designated parking areas.
- It shall be unlawful to remove any natural vegetation, plantings, soils, or similar related items from any public park, playground, or recreational facility whithout proper written authority.
- The use of the facilities by organized groups shall be sponsored or approved by the City Council, City Manager, or Parks and Recreation Department.
- It shall be unlawful to swim in areas not designated by the City Council.