- Parks and Facilities
Parks & Recreation
The City of DeFuniak Springs Parks and Recreation Department offers a wide variety of facilities and activities for your enjoyment.
These facilities include several community parks, historical sites, a recreation complex, tennis courts, and facilities that may be rented for personal events.
Click here to view map of City parks.
City of DeFuniak Springs Parks and Facilities include:
- Chautauqua Building
- Chipley Park (AKA Lake DeFuniak)
- Community Center
- Community Center Tennis Courts
- Florence Park
- Harberson Field
- Henry Park
- Lake Stanley Park
- Magnolia Cemetery
- Museum Depot
- Pat Covell Park #1
- Pat Covell Park #2
- Recreation Complex
- Tennis Courts at Clay Street & Plateau Avenue
- The Opinion PLace
- Walton-DeFuniak Library
- Wayside Park
- It shall be unlawful for any persons to use any profanity while in any park, playground or recreational area.
- There shall be no consumption of intoxicating beverages or product while on any public park, playground, or recreational facility.
- Skateboarders are permitted only on the approved skateboard recreation facility.
- All posted rules of public parks, playground, or recreational facilities shall be strictly observed.
- It shall be unlawful to deface, misuse, destroy, or remove any equipment in any public park, playground, or recreational facility.
- Any removal of public park, playground, or recreational equipment shall also be punishable as may currently apply in Florida Statutes.
- Proper safety equipment shall be used at times while utilizing any public park, playground, or recreational facility.
- Parking shall only be allowed in designated parking areas.
- It shall be unlawful to remove any natural vegetation, plantings, soils, or similar related items from any public park, playground, or recreational facility whithout proper written authority.
- The use of the facilities by organized groups shall be sponsored or approved by the City Council, City Manager, or Parks and Recreation Department.
- It shall be unlawful to swim in areas not designated by the City Council.