The City of DeFuniak Springs provides natural gas, sanitation, sewage, and water service to the DeFuniak Springs area.
New Utility Services Requirements
- Social Security number,
- Valid photo identification card
- City Utilities Application,
- New Account Disclosure Form (PDF),
- Application for New Utility Service
Payment for a utility service is due upon receipt and past due 15 days from the billing date. A 10% late penalty is charged for payments received after 5:00 p.m. on the 15th of the month.
Payments can be:
- dropped off in the office at City Hall, 1350 Baldwin Ave, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435,
- dropped off behind City Hall in the Utility Billing DropBox,
- auto-drafted from your checking account or credit card,
- over the phone at (866) 308-3536, or
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and electronic checks..
The disconnection date is normally the 25th of each month. If your service is disconnected, a $30.00 re-connection charge will be added to the current amount due.
You have two options for automatic electronic payments of your utility services:
- Automatic withdrawal on the 15th of each month from your checking or savings account. Complete this form and do one of the following:
- Download, print, complete, scan, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Bring the completed form to City Hall, 1350 Baldwin Ave, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435 to process.
- You may sign up for automatic debit from a debit or credit card online. A processing fee may apply.
Requests for Water / Sewer Bill Adjustments
You may find you have a leak in your water line by an abnormally high bill. You may request an adjustment. Here are the rules and the forms to complete, depending on your circumstances:
- One in 5-year Water Adjustment Policy and Request Form
- One in 5-year Sewer Adjustment Policy and Request Form
- Request for Sewer Adjustment Policy and Request Form