- Parks and Facilities
- Chipley Park / Lake DeFuniak
Chipley Park / Lake DeFuniak
3 Circle Drive, DeFuniak Springs, Florida 32435
A beautiful, 260-acre park surrounding a perfectly round, 40-acre, naturally spring-fed Lake DeFuniak. This park and lake are the centerpiece of the City's historic district and are the locations of the City's coveted, annual LakeFest festival and Christmas Reflections light show. Enjoy these beautiful grounds all year round for the following reasons:
Park is designated on the Florida Birding Trail.
Kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, and boats propelled by electric motors of one (1) horsepower or less. The boat ramp is located next to Chautauqua Hall of Brotherhood, 95 Circle Drive. No gasoline-powered boats are allowed.
- Amphitheater, 1184 Circle Drive: Seats up to 2,000 people. Stage, sound system. Call Cindy Permenter in Mayor's office at (850) 892-8500, Ext. 1105.
- Chautauqua Hall of Brotherhood, 95 Circle Drive. The first floor is available for weddings, seminars, meetings, and special events. Includes catering kitchen, ADA accessible restrooms. Call Cindy Permenter in Mayor's office at (850) 892-8500, Ext. 1105.
Allowed from piers, banks of Lake DeFuniak (except in designated, roped-off swimming area), kayaks, canoes, and boats with electric motors (only). Hours are from 6 am to midnight.
Not permitted on park grounds (grassy area between Circle Drive and Lake DeFuniak).
Dogs/cats are welcome on a leash. Please clean up after your pet. Trash cans are located along the sidewalks throughout the park.
The swing set and slide are located on the south end of Chautauqua Hall of Brotherhood, 95 Circle Drive.
Park is adjacent (and within walking distance) to Baldwin Avenue, the historic downtown business district which includes fine dining restaurants, antiques/collectibles, souvenirs, a pharmacy, and more.
March 1 through September 30, 8 am to sunset, in a designated area behind the DeFuniak Springs Library, 3 Circle Drive.
Parking is permitted on Circle Drive and a designated area along the boat ramp next to the historic Chautauqua Hall of Brotherhood located at 95 Circle Drive except during special events.
1162 Circle Drive. Open Tuesday-Friday, 10 am-2 pm.
- 1.25-mile ADA-compliant sidewalk on the lakeside of Circle Drive which takes you to the same spot from where you started.
- The 1-mile sidewalk on the bank of Lake DeFuniak takes you back to the same spot from where you started. Note: the lake sometimes rises over this sidewalk following heavy rains. Lake DeFuniak has no outfall. It is a natural, spring-fed lake.
Walking Tour (Self-Guided):
Chipley Park is the centerpiece of what was once a gated resort/campus that opened in 1885 for the annual, multi-week Florida Chautauqua Assembly. Interpretive panels located throughout the park explain the significance of various structures.