The Role and Duties of the DeFuniak Springs Airport Advisory Committee
1. The Airport Advisory Committee should meet once per month, more often if necessary, to discuss ways to improve safety, efficiency and services at the DeFuniak Springs Municipal Airport. The Committee should maintain records and meeting minutes.
2. The Airport Advisory Committee should choose its own chairman and have the use of the city
council meeting chamber for its meetings and make monthly reports to the city council regarding
3. The Airport Advisory Committee members will serve terms of no less than one year and can be reappointed for multiple terms solely at the discretion of the city council.
4. The Airport Advisory Committee has no authority to take action, make purchases or to enter into agreements with third parties on behalf of the city. Its role is purely as an advisory board to the city council .
5. The Airport Advisory Committee should review the city's current five-year plan for the airport
and suggest possible ideas to improve or augment the plan to reflect local aviation needs.
6. The Airport Advisory Committee should review the FAA rules and guidelines for this airport and work with the airport manager to help maintain compliance.
7. The Airport Advisory Committee should notify the airport manager and city council of any
potential safety or operational deficiencies.
8. The Airport Advisory Committee should have input regarding airport events, expansion of the
airport, airport construction, additional services and commercial business development at the